Thursday, March 30, 2017

Cambly! A Great Place for Language Teachers and Learners!

Getting paid to chat with Language Learners!
Recently I started something new to add to my experience as an online teacher. I became a tutor for Cambly! This is an exciting website that utilizes the accessibility of the internet to help language learners.

What is the main problem encountered when learning a new language? Practicing! You need someone to practice speaking the language with to help you become fluent. Cambly realized this and created their website which connects language learners with native speakers.

The setting is very relaxed because it is all done online. You can do this wherever you have a stable internet connection and a quiet place. Personally, I work from my little corner in my bedroom that serves as my "office".

If you work from a bedroom, please make sure your bed is not in the background. Most online companies do not feel that is professional nor appropriate. Provide a distraction-free environment.

I enjoy meeting new people, so this opportunity is just right for me! I love talking to people from all over the globe and hearing their perspectives on the topics we discuss. Some of the learners want a more structured learning experience than just conversational, so I do customize their experiences accordingly. Either way, I am not having to spend a lot of time preparing. I am basically getting paid to meet and talk with people!

With Cambly, I have total control over which learners I want to work with on a regular basis. If a caller becomes inappropriate (which has not happened to me yet), I can ban/report the student. I can end the call any time I feel the need as well. If I am not working during a priority hour shift, I can choose the calls I wish to answer. I can change my times of availability any time I want. I only work whenever I want. No need to call in sick or ask for a day off. I have worked with some companies that have really strict scheduling policies, so as an online tutor, I felt this was a great plus! As a mom, this was just frosting on the cake. Seriously, how are we moms going to know that our kids are going to be sick on a certain day so we can make sure to take time off?

The pay periods are every Monday! I was beyond thrilled when I learned that. Most online companies that I have worked for are once a month. Cambly pays me directly to my Paypal account.  The pay is not an extraordinary amount, but considering I do not even leave my house and I have total control over whom I work with and my schedule, I think it is an acceptable wage.

Click here to see if Cambly might be a good fit for you to work from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment